Daniel Duriš is an SEO expert, a tech speaker and a cycling advocate.
My name is Daniel Duris (nickname: dusoft) and Ambience is my blog. I started this blog in 2004 in Slovak and switched to English in 2010.
I am very keen on all internet stuff and work at Basta digital, a digital marketing agency that I co-founded in 2006. I specialize in strategic consulting, SEO, digital analytics and data integration/automation. I have extensive experience with data scraping and cleaning. I also love working with APIs.
I am also a co-founder and a former president of Cycling Coalition, an expert advocacy group that has been improving cycling conditions in Bratislava and Slovakia since 2010.
You can visit my Github repositories – I work mostly in PHP and Lua.
I am open to collaborate or work on interesting and innovative web stuff.
I am also open for speaking engagements on the following topics (in English and Slovak):
- SEO, analytics, data integration, automation and other digital marketing topics,
- cycling infrastructure and placemaking.
I have presented at 50+ events in past few years in person and remotely. I will provide you with my references on request.
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mastodon / ActivityPub: @email@example.com
- using LinkedIn
Some of my current projects
- Kid-Sized Cities – this collaboration with an urbanist Mikael Colville-Andersen offers interactive games for kids to plan cities to their liking. You can find these interactive games under Play link in the website’s menu.
- The Arrogance of Space Mapping Tool – a tool to help people to visualize how much space is wasted in our cities.
- Google tools – a various tools interacting with Google services APIs. It includes a reporting tool interacting with MyBusiness API (Google Business Profiles tool) and Search Console API (Search Console tool) developed in Laravel. It automatically pulls data to Google Sheets for further analysis. It allows for automated Google Business Profiles post submission and other automated edits.
- Overseer – a digital agency system that includes invoicing, time tracking, CRM, business reporting etc.
- Bicycle Master Plan – an app that allows to display any OSM data on a custom map. You can easily configure a map with bicycle and cycling related data (or any other) in multiple layers.
- Air Quality Monitor – Open source air quality monitoring based on Luftdaten open source sensors.
Some of my earlier projects
I have abandoned these for the time being.
- Digital signage for companies – running on Raspberry Pi and integrating data from external systems.
- EIA Scraper – European Union Environmental Impact Assessment project scraper, processor and notifier for Slovakia.
- Bicycle count – a helper for traffic counting. It generates easy-to-print PDFs that traffic counters can use to mark down observed data. It takes a CSV/TSV file and generates a PDF/table with all directions for easy counting.
- Open source bicycle sharing system that I have co-developed. It allows anyone to launch a low-cost bike sharing system in their community or within a company or a school. It works using web, SMS or a QR code and doesn’t require any infrastructure (stations etc.).
- I developed an urban transport simulation game written in Lua / LÖVE framework with goal of teaching players to manager transport and introduce traffic regulations for livable city (prototype stage).
- I worked on the Political system political simulation and story telling engine written in Lua / LÖVE framework (currently postponed indefinitely).
- PHP – 20+ years of extensive professional experience, mostly Laravel framework these days
- Extensive experience with data processing and automation using CSV, XML, JSON, PDF, DOC(X), XLS(X), custom text + binary formats, email (POP3/IMAP), multitude of APIs (REST + SOAP)
- Lua – proficient
- Python – limited experience
- R – limited experience
- HTML + CSS – proficient, I used to be active in the web standards movement back in 2000’s