Daniel Duriš is an SEO expert, a tech speaker and a cycling advocate.
My name is Daniel Duris (nickname: dusoft) and Ambience is my blog. I started this blog in 2004 in Slovak and switched to English in 2010.
I am very keen on all internet stuff and work at Basta digital, a digital marketing agency that I co-founded in 2006. I specialize in SEO, digital analytics and data integration/automation. I have extensive experience with data scraping and cleaning. I also love working with APIs.
I am also a co-founder and former president of Cycling Coalition, an expert advocacy group that has been improving cycling conditions in Bratislava and Slovakia.
You can visit my Github repositories – I work mostly in PHP and Lua.
I am open to collaborate or work on interesting and innovative web stuff.
I am also open for speaking engagements on the following topics (in both Slovak and English):
- SEO, analytics, automation and other digital marketing topics,
- cycling infrastructure and placemaking.
I have presented at 50+ events in past few years. I will provide you with my references on request.
Some of my current projects
- The Arrogance of Space Mapping Tool – a tool to help people to visualize how much space is wasted in our cities.
- Google My Business tool – a reporting tool interacting with MyBusiness API developed in Laravel. Automatically pulls data to Google Sheets.
- Overseer – a digital agency system that includes invoicing, time tracking, CRM, reporting etc.
- Digital signage for companies – running on Raspberry Pi and integrating data from external systems.
Some of my earlier projects
I have abandoned these for the time being.
- Open source bicycle sharing system that I have co-developed.
- The project Bicycles work in the world focused on bicycle infrastructure examples around the world.
- I worked on the Political system political simulation and story telling engine written in Lua / LÖVE framework (currently postponed indefinitely).